Monday 23 April 2012

Another helping of bad service anyone? – Part 2

No more Mr Nice Guy!
  I guess it was merely a matter of time that the camel’s back was broken. In this case it is my wife and mine and the love/ hate relationship with a certain blue bank.

Standard Bank, I’m fed up with your bad service. Your cloaked promises and apathetic attitude toward loyal customers is disgraceful. So what was the straw that broke this camel’s back? Standard Bank two weeks ago transferred three amounts of money from my wife’s account to a beneficiary account.

When requesting a reversal of first two transactions she was met with a blank stare and an “I cannot promise anything because it needs to be reversed from head office”. 

We would have been content with the matter had it been our fault, however it wasn’t. This is a perfect example where Standard Bank has become so high on its own delusions of grandeur that basic customer service has flown out of the CEO’s office window. Standard Bank, before you spend millions on ad campaigns lying to South Africans about your great service, I’d suggest you make sure that your staff members receive the memo first.


No comments:

Post a Comment