Thursday 28 June 2012

What motivates me?

It's not always about coming first.
  Despite it being a very loaded personal question, there are (with lots of introspection) a handful of things that really motivate me. I suppose I could go on a Christian tangent, or on family oriented one, or even a work tangent. But I am not. What really motivates me is to help rid society of as much mediocrity as possible. People and society have become so complacent with the way things are.
Why? Grow a back bone and aspire to greatness, despite your circumstances. Irrespective of race, colour or creed, and I’ll even go as far as saying one’s socio-economic circumstance IS no reason for mediocrity.

Second IS the sheer ability and opportunity to do something great on a daily basis. Every morning is a gift. Make it count. Take up the opportunity presented to make a change a change in your own life, someone else’s or in the community you live. Whether it is something as simple as greeting the aunty that lives on the corner, or donating clothing to a shelter; small contributions can amount to BIG transformations.

Finally, challenging myself to aspire to something more, or learning a new skill or even something as simple as writing an email better than I did this morning. Again, adopting an attitude where one poses oneself achievable challenges in order for them to be able to manifest into significant personal transformations.

So, what motivates me in a nutshell; the desire to do and be better in everything I do and to everyone I meet on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I like the angle you took with this post. It is very true that we content ourselves with less. It could be because we are lazy or because we believe we do not have the opportunities others have. I believe that everyone has the ability to excel, others have to work harder at it, yes, but if we really put our minds to it, we can do it. Determination is key here.

    ReplyDelete