Tuesday 20 March 2012

Another helping of bad service anyone? – Part 1


Give us what WE want, NOT what you think we want.

South Africa ranked 34th in 2010 (out of 183 countries) in an annual survey conducted by the World Bank and International Finance Corporation. Now that sounds real good, but as far as I am concerned the service in corporate SA still sucks lemons.

Recently a certain blue bank increased my credit card limit without MY authorisation. On another occasion a car dealership refused to honour its warranty. Maybe I’ve just had bad luck. Both occasions it took me countless phone calls to get to the bottom of each of the matters.

WHY is that we remain so (stupidly) committed to institutions that has so little regard for the consumer? Have WE (as consumers) created the bad service monster in SA? Have we fostered the culture by being a nation of apathetic consumers, by accepting our lot?

I’m certain that you know what I’m talking about. Share your bad service/s stories and HOW you managed to get them resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment