Thursday 8 March 2012

Magical Mistoffelees!


An animal? Who said I'm just an animal?



Its 5.30am and I hear her meowing at my bedside; and I know its breakfast time. I get up wondering whether I’ll ever get a chance to sleep past 05h30, while Oreo follows me to her bowl.  




I’m a HUGE animal lover but have admittedly never owned a cat in my life. I now see why the pharaohs loved them as much. They are loaded with personality. People who don’t care much for cats have evidently never had one as a companion.

Oreo is a caregiver (to my wife and me), a clown and philanthropist (sharing her food with other cats).

Without training, kittens instinctively know how use a litter box, and are often embarrassed IF they mess outside the box. They instinctively know how to hunt, how to protect themselves and how to groom themselves. The long and the short of it is, unlike puppies (dogs), cats have etiquette.

They have a regal air about themselves, and are shy, but never obnoxious or noisy. But I’m certain that whatever your preference, your pet is magical in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment