Wednesday 16 May 2012

Paying it forward


All it take is one good deed at a time.

  I was a ‘beneficiary’ of this very recently. Standing in front of the pay point in the mall I inserted a somewhat worn R20 note into the money tray. To my dismay it repeatedly refused to accept the note. A young woman standing behind me tapped me on the shoulder saying “I know the feeling when that happens” and handed me a five rand coin to pay for the parking.

She wouldn’t accept payment and I can only conclude that she did it out of the goodness of her heart. Like she said, she knew what it felt like. I don’t know who she is, but thank you whoever you are. Next time, when I see someone in a similar predicament, I will do everything in power to assist in whichever way. Who said that the world can’t become a better place by performing one good deed at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment