Wednesday 15 August 2012

If you had to teach something, what would you teach?

You only have ONE life, make it count.
Having always aspired to become a teacher, and being compelled by my parents (teachers themselves) to do something else, I still wonder where I could have been today had I followed my dream and NOT my parents. If I was to ever teach someone it would be the youth and was I to teach them something it would be to follow your heart and giving into peer pressure IS overrated.

Life is simply too precious and short to follow someone else’s dream and too precious to become involved with the wrong crowd.

I can attest to the fact that living a life fuelled by worldly vices will irreparably stunt one’s pursuit of personal goals. Limited success can be achieved, but the question still remains; how much more could have been attained had one remained true to oneself and on the straight and narrow? The allure of peer pressure is no different than it was 100 years ago; and choices we make today will have an effect on one for life, whether we choose to accept this or not. So next time you’re faced with a tough decision, consult people (trustworthy family and friends), listen to their advice but do not let their aspirations for you, define or become you. Fortunately, the day I accepted Jesus into my life was also the same day that I was freed of other peoples ‘baggage’ and I could pursue the goals I believe I was destined to fulfil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment