Thursday 2 August 2012

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

Big boys DO cry!
  I think it’s a sign of strength; the strength to admit that you’re human and that you have emotions. Now you all should know by now that I am a Chelsea FC supporter and as a supporter I have been through the ups and downs with them. Probably the biggest DOWN was the 2008 UEFA Champions League (UCL) Final in Moscow against Manchester United.

Those who follow football know that the game did not go in Chelsea’s favour (in a very dramatic fashion). That evening, as I sat in bed I quite literally broke down and sobbed. Yes, I did. I cried bitterly; maybe not on the same level were a family member to die, but it felt all the same to me.

The fact is that crying isn’t a sign of weakness, but can be turned into a bold statement of a deeper resolve and commitment (by a team) to overcome adversity. If you doubt this, cast you mind back to the team’s dismal performance earlier in the 2012 competition only to go onto win the UCL through sheer resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment