Monday 6 August 2012

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Too late for any regret
  I certainly hope not to have spoken more than I would have done. If anything I would hope to have struck a balance between the two. In as much as I am working in an environment where I am required to speak a lot, I am also required to do a lot.

Being in the employ of CPUT, it has allowed me to speak as much as I do, and even though I am a closet introvert my work requires those dormant social tendencies to come to the fore when it comes to my interaction, mediation and negotiation. In the same breath it also requires me to be sensitive, alert and aware in each of those situations to the verbal cues but also non-verbal cues of those who I am interacting with.

All in all, when it’s all said and done, I would like to be remembered as one who achieved much through being compassionate, attentive and acting in a positive and pro-active manner toward each person I may have encountered at work and in life and not as one who merely over promised and under delivered.

1 comment:

  1. l never thought such a topic would generate much sense but l can safely say that you have said it all it left me so enthused!!!!

    ReplyDelete