Friday 2 November 2012

Will this day matter in five years?

Take some time to consider the question!
  In five years from now, I have no clue where I will be or what I’ll be doing, but I do know that this day will matter? Why? Simply because what I do today will have an effect on something or someone, somewhere and at sometime, and thus, how I live my life today will have an effect on my tomorrow.

To clarify what I actually mean; if I were to learn a new skill today, it may have a negligible impact on my career path today or tomorrow; but I do believe that it will inevitably have an impact on my career path over the next five years. Whether the effect is deemed positive or negative in the immediate is immaterial; the moral of the story is that whatever we do while we are alive should be done with a sense of purpose, and that whatever it is we have done (seen and unseen) we need to have the peace of mind that our actions will eventually have a positive impact on the world (even IF it is in five years time). So, will this day matter in five years? Yes. We may not remember today then, but it’s safe to say that today will have an impact in some way on our lives then.

No comments:

Post a Comment