Friday 10 February 2012

Excuse me… did that just happen?

But that was the oddest week yet. It was the first week back at school; well that’s at least what I like to refer to as my Part time studies at CPUT as (BTech – PR). If I were to liken it to anything, It can very much be compared to the first week I had at BIG school, at the tender age of 14 years (in my case). BIG School. Yes, high school. It was just way to reminiscent of the first few days in Standard 6, or grade 8 to those folk who are too young to remember the good old days of the Standards. Nevertheless, I felt shaky, out of place as if a NEW world had simply opened up and swallowed me whole. It just did not have the same feeling compared to last year, which in itself was challenging and immensely fulfilling but admittedly felt very warm and (I’ll go as far as saying it was) cocooned.
I guess that's change for you. All I know is that it’s going to be a tough year, but a year filled with new challenges and immense learning curves. Really looking forward it.

Picture reference: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgAXRCkjYRp-MNJce4OoDIMOgDaUYt4aSnzm4mDUAnn9gudwkt5mnCcKHn1yDbbZBzu8fmFqGjZy1amZh0Vmb1sLGqRsedKTa7s3uMzHTMLTFk1fzKCykkHDXvWRTqIlxLH5Q8WhAL7dZA/s400/CEO+confused.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Tough year? Not at all #mylilniven it's going to be a year filled with possibility, greatness and epic days you will tell your grandkids about some day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love change.. But not if you are not informed about lecture venue changes like my incident last week... :D Then change isn't good! Looking forward to the year ! It's going to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still look like a grade 8. I think that the year holds so much promise and I think we are going to learn so much from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my first year. I felt TOTALLY out of place because No 1 - I was considered a foreigner and therefore No 2 - I seemed strange and did things completely different. Only a few years later did students admit how strange they thought I was when I got up an spoke about who I am. They remember two phrases - "Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm from Klerksdorp" and "I'm VERY inquisitive" - Which proved correct! HAHA

    ReplyDelete