Friday 10 February 2012

How hard is it to follow instructions?

I guess to get to the bottom of that question one should possibly ask a 13 year old (boy). I know a certain 13 year old chap (my nephew); let’s call him Lionel, or Leo (named after Lionel Messi from Barcelona) for argument sake who has reached that point in his life, puberty.
It just seems that when that magic number 13 is reached the world around seems to disappear.  It’s a milestone in any lad’s life. It’s that all important transitional stage, leaving the ‘boytjie’ label behind and now becoming a (fully fledged) boy in the eyes of the family. I can attest to that, and the fact that the world takes on a whole new appearance, seeing things in a completely different light, let alone the physiological changes or in this case the breaking of the voice.
If memory serves, taking instruction when all of this is going on was difficult, I mean who would be able to take instruction when all these things are going on? Which brings us back to how hard is it to follow instructions? I think if we were to ask any young boy going through this, its difficult, ask any mom, dad, grandma, grandpa or guardian; they have the premature grey hairs to prove it.  

Image: http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/daydream.gif

4 comments:

  1. Ah #mylilniven you will be great at mentorship... Leo is lucky to have you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Niv. I never used to listen. But then I got a good smack. Anyways, that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a pic of Lionel. It's the 2nd time you've mentioned him and I'm curious as to what he looks like :). I assume saying thank you and please is hard because he doesn't want to talk due to his voice breaking? Shame... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot agree with you more. We need to the attention of the consumer protection act to assist us with these issues.

    ReplyDelete