Wednesday 11 July 2012

A tween stuck in the 80’s?


Take a trip down memory lane.

  Growing up with older sisters in the 80’s was, loud and colourful, referring NOT only to their dress sense but also the music. Having spent lots of time with them indoors (because my mother wouldn’t allow me to play with the seedy kids in the street) I inevitably grew to love all music that represented the 80’s.

Rest assured that this is no ode to Michael Jackson, Wham, Tears for Fears, Fleetwood Mac, George Benson, Depeche Mode, Madonna or Boy George (and the list goes on), but simply a thanks to my sisters who as much as I don’t like admitting it moulded me and my music taste, which in turn as much as I don’t like to admit it, moulded me and who and what I am today. Despite being a child of the Generation Y period (those born in the late 70’s) and spending my teens in the 90’s and early adulthood in the 00’s, it cannot be denied that music from the 80’s was Simply the Best (courtesy of Tina Turner).

No comments:

Post a Comment