Thursday 6 September 2012

I am grateful

  Today, I am exceptionally grateful to the Lord my God for granting me yet another day (to live). This morning I woke up without the need for an alarm or my cat. I felt rejuvenated despite having lain in for a few extra minutes. But once I was up, I was up and ready to tackle the new day that I was granted.

How often do we actually give thanks to God for the new day before we step or rollout of bed? Why not spare a thought to how privileged you and I really are to be able to open our eyes when we wake up, stretch and then get out of bed, unassisted. Spare a thought to what life could possibly have been like were it for the grace of God, to have been granted an extra day, having full access to all our sense and sensibilities. Spare a thought and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment