Wednesday 19 September 2012

What is your greatest skill set?

Don't always believe what you read!
  Without sounding pretentious my greatest skill set would probably be the ability to facilitate and/ or serve in an intermediary role at my place of work. So what does that actually mean? As an employee of CPUT I consider myself a relationship broker between two or more entities wishing to partner with the other, but they just don’t know how to take the first step into this new relationship. It is therefore my duty to facilitate to courtship and in doing so start building the bridge to a point where they meet each other half way and well embark on a prosperous (working) relationship.

The process is often very time consuming and frustrating but that aside it is richly rewarding and I can unreservedly say that I love what I do. No one day is ever the same. How lucky I do count myself, because there aren’t very many people in the world who get to really do what they love in an environment which actually gives them the scope to do what they love and then still giving them an opportunity to be really great at it. So to answer the question, I would have to say that my greatest skill set is being a social engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment