Tuesday 4 September 2012

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is...

Its the small things that count eventually
  My favourite Dr Seuss book is The Cat in the Hat, only because it is the only one I’ve read. The most memorable thing about the actual book was the quirky and naughty character. I cannot say that the book left an indelible mark on my life; however the book does have sentimental value (for me).

The positive memory about Cat in the Hat was that I recall the time spent reading it with my mother. I have no clue how old I was, but I distinctly recall that no one else was around but my mother and I and no one ever disturbed us. Not being an avid reader, I guess my mother bought me the book hoping that the vivid characters would inspire some love of the written word. It didn’t, but what it did leave with me was, that reading was fun because it symbolised a time that I got time to spend with my mom regardless of all her other household duties. Thank you Mommy.

Image courtesy of Niven Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment