Tuesday 4 September 2012

What makes you smile?

Stop and appreciate all the beauty
The fact that I have been granted yet another day to live. Despite my human imperfections God still loves me. I smile because I know that I have the Spirit of Christ Jesus living inside of me and which directs me. I smile when I am able to help someone, anyone. I smile that despite the ups and the downs I have a loving family (wife, mother, sisters, nephews, nieces etc) that love me.

I smile most of all when I see a beautiful view, sunset, landscape. I smile when things go according to plan (God’s plan) in my life. I smile because I am fortunate, and way more fortunate than so many other millions. I smile, because I can. I smile because I know that IF I do I may make someone else smile.

Why wouldn’t I smile? Even IF I fall on hard times, I shall continue to trust in the Lord, because I know that hardship does not last forever, and something good will happen that warrants a smile.

Image courtesy of Niven Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment