Tuesday 11 September 2012

If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?

Caution: Behavioural construction ahead
  One year ago I would not have had that friend for very long. Often we don’t realise the hurt we inflict on ourselves and others by that which we think and in turn say. I’m guilty of this, where in the past I would think and say less than positive things about myself and also others, which inevitably manifested itself into less than positive actions.

The poisonous thinking eventually catches up with one and life becomes a dark shadow of what it once was. In my case all this crumbled the day that I gave my life to the Lord. It was only through the loss that I suffered that had NO other options but to change my thinking and the way I spoke. I am not proud of what I was, but I am thankful to be able to say that I have relinquished that person to the past, and can unreservedly say that I am a better friend to myself (and others) now, than I ever was before, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment