Thursday 18 October 2012

The statute of limitations has expired on most of our childhood trauma

Only YOU can paint your own rainbow.
  Indeed, the statute of limitations on most of our childhood trauma has expired; except it doesn’t mean that the scars aren’t there. Instead of feeling sorry for oneself and wallowing in self pity one should rather be thankful to have been spared from it all. I too have my own story to tell, but that is in the past. By the grace of God I was saved from the trauma and was given the opportunity to turn a new leaf, breaking free and being able look forward to what lies ahead, instead of that which was lost. Since the attitude shift my life has taken on a more positive outlook.

To those reading this blog, I am not saying that you shouldn’t feel hurt or be angry. All that I am saying is that the choice to allow the traumatic experience/s to govern your present and future is yours. You possess the power to break the traumatic cycle plaguing your life now and forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment