Tuesday 9 October 2012

Would you break the law to save a loved one?

My life is in your hands Lord.
This is a very difficult question to answer, but I would have to say NO. If a loved one has broken the law resulting in them being in trouble, then I would have NO qualms of not bailing them out of the situation. WHY? Well simply because, I would expect that none of my loved would ever put themselves into a situation where the law is transgressed e.g. drinking and driving, possession of illegal contraband or committing of an illegal act.

If that is the case, are there situations where I would break the law to save a loved one? IF it requires me to protect an (innocent) loved one whose life is in danger by no fault of their own, and only through breaking the law can their life be saved, then yes, I would.  The line needs to be drawn between where the loved one has willingly put themselves in a dangerous situation and/ or where the life threatening situation has been involuntarily imposed on them. I do however acknowledge that none of these decisions are mine to make, my life and my family’s sits squarely in the hands of God.  And in God I trust, to keep me and them, my loved ones safe from harm’s way.

No comments:

Post a Comment