Tuesday 2 October 2012

If not now, then when?

The ultimate insurance policy
  “Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.Ezra 10:4

There is time to talk, plan and think. But then there comes a time when we simply must act and boldly step forward into the unknown. If we wait for perfect conditions, we may never progress. This IS significantly easier said than done, but we should also acknowledge that we are often our own enemies, placing unrealistic boundaries of performance upon ourselves. We cause ourselves to be fearful of the unknown, and as we all know fear ultimately stymies progress. Don’t feel bad this is an innate human reaction, but how we deal with the unknown and the fear factor is crucial.

My faith has allowed me to do some really ‘miraculous’ thing before (nothing that would endanger me or anyone around me), but simply things that I would never have dreamt possible to achieve. However bringing the fear of the unknown before God, and trusting in His divine control of my life it has allowed me to push through and overcome some major obstacles. This may sound like mumbo jumbo, but I know what I know and I’ve since adopted the motto of IF not now, then when which has allowed me to boldly step out in God’s grace into previously unknown and fear laden situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment